Welcome to my new project! Recently, as I was reflecting on the past two years, I thought about how much change has taken place in our lives since my husband & I welcomed our sweet little boy into our family. I was certainly NOT one of those women who entered into mommy-hood with grace. It was a lot of learning, failing, crying, interspersed with joy, prayer, and those sweet successes that suddenly make you think that maybe…just MAYBE…you’re getting the hang of it! I feel like I’ve learned a lot, grown a lot, and by the grace of God managed to find a way to joyfully balance my family, work, and life…and I wanted to find a way to share some of what I’ve learned. That’s why I’m here!
That said, before beginning my musings on managing this Balancing Act called Life, I thought it appropriate to start off with a list of things I wish for me & my family:
- a clean house 100% of the time
- healthy, delicious dinners every night
- waking up fully rested every morning
- to be on time wherever we’re going
- a shorter commute with no traffic
- a toddler who never throws a tantrum
- a toddler who eats whatever food I serve him
- a job I can’t WAIT to go to every single morning
- more money in my bank account
- to be happy all the time
- more date nights with the hubby
- to never lose my cool
- to be skinny & beautiful
- to love who I see in the mirror every morning
- to go on nice vacations. often.
- more play time with the kiddo
- more play time with the dog
- more family time
- more time to exercise
- Me Time
- more time. period.
Whew! Don’t get me wrong…I could go on…and on…and on…but you get the idea. How can anyone possibly try to achieve perfection without losing their mind?