Lots of recipes claim they can be cooked in 20 minutes or less. Some nights are so busy, even that’s too long. “Surviving Dinner” is a series that is not about good wifeing, mothering, or cooking. It’s about surviving. It’s for those nights when you’re tempted to write “fast food” on the menu, but cooking at home will save you a few dollars, a few hundred calories, and loads of mommy-guilt. Recipes found here can be cooked quickly and have minimal prep and clean-up. Some may require a little pre-planning, but many won’t.
This one is so yummy and easy, you won’t believe how fast you can pull it together!
- Meatball Subs
- loaf of French bread
- frozen pre-prepared meatballs
- marinara sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- frozen french fries
1. Bake french fries in the oven according to package directions. While they are baking, make your sandwiches.
2. Combine sauce and meatballs in microwaveable dish. Cover with paper towel. Microwave for 5-7 minutes, stirring every two minutes, until heated through.
3. Slice loaf of French bread for sandwiches. Place top and bottom halves of sandwich on baking sheet. Spoon meatballs and sauce onto bottom half of sandwiches, top with mozzarella.
4. Place under broiler for 1-2 minutes until the mozzarella is melted & bubbly and the top half of the sandwich bread is toasted.