Lots of recipes claim they can be cooked in 20 minutes or less. Some nights are so busy, even that’s too long. “Surviving Dinner” is a series that is not about good wifeing, mothering, or cooking. It’s about surviving. It’s for those nights when you’re tempted to write “fast food” on the menu, but cooking at home will save you a few dollars, a few hundred calories, and loads of mommy-guilt. Recipes found here can be cooked quickly and have minimal prep and clean-up. Some may require a little pre-planning, but many won’t.
Lasagna in one pan without all the work, so simple!
- Stove top lasagna
- Bagged salad
- Garlic Bread
- Campanelle pasta (because they look like cute little rolled-up lasagna noodles!)
- pasta sauce
- ricotta cheese
- mozzarella, parmesan, or other cheese
1. Cook campanelle according to package directions.
2. While the pasta is cooking, brown sausage in a large skillet.
3. Add pasta sauce and heat through.
4. Drain pasta (don’t rinse!) and add to skillet.
5. Stir in ricotta and top with cheese of your choice. You would think that mozarella would make the most sense since we’re talking about lasagna, but yours truly didn’t buy any at the store so I just used what I had on hand.
Here’s another free tip. If you are really in a time crunch and need this done quickly don’t stand in front of the stove wondering why in the world your sausage isn’t browning and then realize you never turned the stove on. Please, envy me. I’m very well put together. *Eyeroll*
Wondering what I’m doing here? Learn more about the idea behind Surviving Dinner.