You know I’m all about cooking with my kids, but I’ll freely admit that the biggest drawback is that it often ends up looking like this.
Working mamas, I know you’re busy and starting to get stressed. Christmas is about a week away and you’ve still got cookies to bake and memories to make. But who’s got the time?
Here’s a quick, easy, low-mess “baking” recipe that even my not-quite-two toddler helped with. And by “helped” I actually mean “helped“! It really is that simple! This is so effortless that you can even do it after work on a weeknight. BOOM. Holiday saved.
Christmas Tuxedo Pretzels
Waffle cut pretzels
Hershey’s hugs candy
Christmas colored M&Ms
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
2. Unwrap the Hershey’s hugs and put them into a bowl. Don’t scold your toddler when she pops one or two into her mouth. You’ve just bought yourself 30 seconds of silence. You’re welcome. Baking is fun!
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and place the pretzels on it in a single layer.
4. Top each pretzel with a Hershey’s hug candy.
5. Place the baking sheet in the oven for 4-7 minutes.
6. Monitor it closely. Remove the pretzels from the oven right before the hugs melt and lose their shape.
7. Top each with an M&M and allow to cool and harden. If you have a toddler, they probably won’t be able to do this part but they can help by handing you one M&M at a time. Or you can just let them eat the M&Ms and they won’t bother you while you do this step.
8. Hide them from your husband or else they’ll be gone in a day and a half.
Happy baking, everyone!